Sunday 7 June 2015

Non-greasy sunscreen: KIKO City Filter Sunscreen Primer SPF50 Review

If you've been searching for a facial sunscreen that doesn't leave a greasy, white film all over your face, then look no further. I picked up the KIKO City Filter Sunscreen Primer SPF50 recently and it has become my holy grail facial sunscreen, not to mention that it also doubles as a primer! Win.
But seriously though, win. Who has time to put on facial moisturiser, sunscreen, facial primer, and then finally foundation? I know some people use daytime moisturisers with SPF in them but I've had a look around and they always seem to have really low SPF, like SPF15.



Sunscreens in the past have always left my face feel greasy, shiny, and white. Then again I've only ever bought drugstore branded sunscreens, so maybe that would not be the case if I tried sunscreens from higher-ended brands. I did try a MAC SPF primer years ago but that one left my face feeling really greasy and oily as well. I also have the Soap & Glory Sunshield Superfluid SPF50 but that leaves my face feeling sticky and tight.

The KIKO City Filter Sunscreen primer is lightweight, sinks in really well, and doesn't leave a white film on your face. It hydrates your skin without feeling oily. And best of all - it was only €12.90!


 Half a pump of the sunscreen primer..


 spread out a bit with my fingers..


and finally rubbed in.

Pretty amazing performance for something that only cost €12.90!
I can confirm that it really does protect your face from the sun as I wore this the other day and went sunbathing in 30˚C weather, and when I came home I was not sunburnt or red/pink at all.

I can't really say if it makes your foundation last longer compared to other primers as I have only used this with the KIKO 3D lifting foundation (which I bought on the same day I bought the sunscreen primer), but I think for the sunscreen alone it's a winner. It hasn't done anything bad to my base is all I can say, and it hasn't broken me out. 

The only downside to this product is that it's not fragrance-free, and while the fragrance smells quite nice, it is still unnecessary and may be a deal-breaker for people with sensitive skin. Thankfully my skin is not super sensitive and I have had no problems with the fragrance, and the smell disappears pretty quickly after you apply it.

Let me know what your favourite sunscreens are :)

No comments:

Post a Comment